The Peter Courtney Minto Island Bridge
The Peter Courtney Minto Island Bridge and Trail is the last critical link in connecting 1,200 acres of parks and more than 20 miles of off-street trails between South Salem, downtown, and West Salem. When combined, this acreage is larger than New York City’s Central Park. More info HERE.
Our mission is to support and encourage a healthy approach to running and training for runners of all ages and all levels of ability. Through the camaraderie of a club atmosphere, members enjoy running for the purpose of general fitness as well as personal and team goals. As a group, the Willamette Valley Road Runners promote and participate in running and fitness events throughout the Willamette Valley.
To learn more about our club, check out our bylaws HERE.
2024 Kelsy Oldham Memorial Scholarship Applications open
See the rules and fill out the application below to participate in 2024’s KO Scholarship.
2023 Kelsy Oldham Memorial Scholarship winners
Sprague High School
West Salem High School
Both will receive a $2,000 scholarship to their college of choice.
William White, President
Tom Golden, Vice President
Brenda Turner, Treasurer
Nicola Traudt, Secretary
Dave Nelson, Director
Will Burchard, Director
Volunteers & Race Directors
- J Hanson, Website/tech support
- Dan Meireis, Graphic designer
- LizAnn Saxe, Scholarship board director
- Brenda Turner & Adam Schaeffer, Shoes for Athletes coordinators
- Gordon Cully, Photographer
- Molly Gehley, Cascade Half Marathon RD
- Tom Golden, Zena Road Runs RD
- Nicola Traudt, Salem Summer Solstice RD
- Terry Cable & Jennifer O’Sullivan, Mini Marathon RD
- William White, Bush Park XC RD
- Ben & Heather Stange, Eola Hills “no hills” RD